Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday 9-18-10, Detroit, MI

We started the day with bacon and eggs cooked on board.  I like my bacon crispy and when I looked up from the frying pan, I was glad I didn't have a smoke detector. I filled the cabin up with bacon smoke.  It made us hungry all day. 

On the trip from Port Huron to Detroit we travelled down the St. Clair River and Lake St. Clair, we shared the shipping channel with about 15 freighters.   The pictures are of a couple of freighters. 

This is the captain shouting out orders. It doesn't look like there will be a mutiny. 

This is the harbor we chose to stay at in Detroit.  I was going to walk to a place to eat dinner, but when I saw the security fence, I decided that this part of Detroit might not be the best place to be wandering around.


No comments:

Post a Comment